MILL4FEED is a new family of ISCAR FEEDMILL FFQ4 milling tools that carry square single-sided inserts FFQ4 SOMT with 4 cutting edges, designed for reducing cutting forces when used on low power machines or long overhang applications.
The new milling tools are available in the following configurations:
FFQ4 - endmills in 22- 35 mm diameters.
FFQ4-M - interchangeable milling heads with FLEXFIT adaptation in 22- 40 mm diameters.
FFQ4 - face mills in 40-100 mm diameters.
The tools are intended for roughing operations in different industrial branches like Die & Mold, Aerospace, and general engineering.
The inserts are available in sizes 09 and 12 with five types of cutting geometries for optimal machining of different materials:
FFQ4 SOMT...T for steel, ferritic and martensitic stainless steel, cast iron and hardened steel.
FFQ4 SOMT...HP for austenitic stainless steel and high temperature alloys.
FFQ4 SOMT...T20 for grey and nodular cast iron.
FFQ4 SOMT...RM-T for interrupted cut and for machining near straight wall shoulders of steel, ferritic and martensitic stainless steel, cast iron and hardened steel.
FFQ4 SOMT…RM-HP for interrupted cut and for machining near straight wall shoulders of austenitic stainless steel and high temperature alloys
- Positive axial rake angle
- Ramping down capability
- Radius for programming 3.1 mm for insert 12 and 2.5 mm for insert 09
- Internal coolant holes directed to each cutting edge
- A special protective polished coating for uninterrupted chip flow and protection from corrosion and wear
- Covers a wide range of applications including slotting, pocketing, helical interpolation, plunging and surface sculpturing
- Suitable for machining various workpiece materials
- An optimal solution for high-efficiency in roughing operations
- Excellent chip flow
- An economical solution