NPA 26/2018 INCH
T-FACE - New Small Diameter Solid Carbide Face Mills with SP Spline Connection
ISCAR introduces the T-FACE family of assembled tools with interchangeable solid carbide heads for applications that require small diameter face mills.
The tools are comprised of heads mounted on steel shanks by means of a unique SP spline connection, one of ISCAR’s latest innovations that has already proved itself in the extremely successful T-SLOT line of slot milling cutters. The connection has been designed to ensure a very durable assembly that can carry significant loads in face milling and to withstand bending forces caused by high overhang in long-reach applications. The spline connection is designated as SP15, SP17, or SP19 (the number next to the letters indicates the connection size).
The new heads are available in the following types:
- SD FM D1.25...SP15 – 1.25” Dia., 8 teeth, .312” max D.O.C. with SP15 connection,
- SD FM D1.50...SP17 – 1.50” Dia., 10 teeth, .375” D.O.C. with SP17 connection,
- SD FM D2.00...SP19 – 2.00” Dia., 12 teeth, .468” D.O.C. with SP19 connection.
Specially designed general-duty cutting geometry of the heads makes them suitable for effective face milling of various engineering materials.
New shanks SD-FM-S-A-… feature durable body structure and are available in cylindrical and Weldon-type configurations.
- High-tooth density and higher accuracy provide better productivity than typical milling cutters
with indexable inserts
- User-friendly clamping of heads and head replacement after wear
- The cutters’ small dimensions allow them to be applied effectively to face milling operations in space-limited environments or with small-envelope machine tools, particularly on multi-function machines
Interchangeable Solid Carbide Face Milling Heads
(1) Number of flutes
Stepped Cylindrical Shanks for Interchangeable Solid Carbide Face Milling Heads
• Apply lubricant to the clamping screw
(1) C-Cylindrical, W-Weldon
Recommended Starting Cutting Speeds for SD-SP15 &SP17 &SP19
|Low alloy steel
|Low alloy steel
|High alloy steel
||Grey cast iron
|Nodular cast iron
||High temperature alloys
* ISCAR material group in accordance with VDI 3323 standard
The NPA26-inch-2018's pdf file: View (PDF)
or Download (ZIP)