NPA 10/2018 - INCH
New 90° Cutters Carrying Tangentially Clamped Inserts with 8 Cutting Edges
Following a clear market demand for economical solutions, ISCAR is introducing new cutters that carry tangentially clamped inserts with 8 right-hand cutting edges.
The cutters are intended for face and shoulder milling. They are suitable for different types of steel, stainless steel and cast iron, and are designed for roughing and finishing operations in the automotive, die and mold industries and for general engineering.
The milling cutters are available in face mill configurations(1)
of 1.50, 2.00, 2.50, 3.00, 4.00 and 5.00 inch diameters.
The T890HT FLN face mill can be applied up to .374 inch/depth of cut.
- 90º cutting edge angle
- Coarse- and fine-pitch configurations
- Coolant channels directed to each cutting edge
- Rigid dovetail clamping configuration
- Polished coating of the cutter body facilitates chip flow and protects against corrosion and wear
- Suitable for different types of steel, ferritic and martensitic stainless steel and cast iron
- The endmills and face mills are intended for machining square shoulders, slots and face milling
T890HT ELN endmills are available in metric versions of the cutters in diameters 32 mm (1.260”)
and 40 mm (1.575”).
T890 LNHT 1306PNTR
- an insert for general use:
T890 LNAT 1306PN-W
- Four-sided tangentially clamped insert with 8 right-hand cutting edges
- .031” corner radii
- 375” maximum depth of cut
- a wiper insert with 4 cutting edges for finishing operations:
- Wiper for high surface quality
- .024” x 45 deg. chamfer
The new inserts are produced from ISCAR’s latest SUMO TEC carbide grades, which significantly increase productivity.
90° Face Mills Carrying T890 LN.T 1306... Tangentially Clamped Inserts with 8 Cutting Edges
(1) Number of inserts
(2) Item weight
T890 LN.T 1306
Tangentially Clamped Inserts with 8 Cutting Edges
(1) A wiper insert (.232" long)
2 cutting edges, for finishing only
Parameter designations are according to ISO13399 standard.
Machining recommendations for T890HT-13 cutters
* ISCAR material group in accordance with VDI 3323 standard
** Quenched and tempered
For machining in unstable conditions, the recommended cutting data should be reduced by 20-30%
IC830 is a general purpose grade and it may be considered as the first-choice grade
IC845 is recommended for milling at relatively small depths of cut and for interrupted cutting applications
IC5500 is intended mainly for milling ferritic and martensitic stainless steel at increased speed
The NPA10-inch-2018's pdf file: View (PDF)
or Download (ZIP)