NPA 33/2018 INCH
Expansion of the MILL4FEED Line with Tools Carrying New .669” (17mm) Inserts
Following the positive market response to MILL4FEED, the family
of fast feed milling cutters FFQ4-12 carrying .472” (12 mm)
inserts, ISCAR is expanding the line by introducing new tools that
carry new larger .669” (17 mm) inserts.
The new tools are available in a shell mill design configuration with a diameter range of 3.000 to 6.000” and can be applied up to .118” depth of cut.
FFQ4 SOMT 1706... Insert Features
- 14˚ cutting edge angle
- Ramping down capability
- Positive axial rake angle
- Coolant holes, directed to each individual cutting edge for efficient cooling effect
- Polished coating on the cutter’s body providing better chip flow and protection
from corrosion and wear
- .217” radius for programming
Square single-sided insert with 4 cutting edges
The new inserts are available with several chipformer types for optimal machining of a wide range of engineering materials:
FFQ4 SOMT 170625T for steel, ferritic and martensitic stainless steel, cast iron and hardened steel; it is a general-duty insert for fast feed milling ISO P, ISO K and ISO H materials
FFQ4 SOMT 1706RM-T for interrupted cut and machining near straight shoulders on steel, ferritic and martensitic stainless steel, cast iron and hardened steel, i.e. for milling ISO P, K and H materials in unfavorable conditions
FFQ4 SOMT 170625HP for austenitic, duplex and precipitation hardening (PH) stainless steel (ISO M) and high temperature alloys (ISO S)
The FFQ4 inserts are produced from ISCAR’s latest SUMOTEC carbide grades, ensuring high productivity.
The new tools are intended mainly for rough fast feed milling in heavy-duty operations that require considerable cutting power. Typical applications are machining faces of space-consuming parts in heavy industry, large-sized cavities in die and mold making, etc.
Fast Feed Face Mills Carrying Single-Sided Inserts with 4 Cutting Edges
• Radius for programming .217"
(1) Plunging width
(2) Number of inserts
(3) Ramping angle maximum
(4) Item weight
FFQ4 SOMT 1706
Square Single-Sided Inserts with 4 Cutting Edges for Fast Feed Milling
(1) For interrupted cut and machining next to shoulders on steel, stainless steel, cast iron and hardened steel
(2) For austenitic stainless steel and high temperature alloys
(3) For steel, ferritic and martensitic stainless steel, cast iron and hardened steel
Cutting Recommendations for FFQ4-17 Fast Feed Mills
* ISCAR material group in accordance with VDI 3323 standard
** Quenched and tempered
For machining in unstable conditions, the recommended cutting data should be reduced by 20-30%
fz as a function of ap in fast feed face milling*
*Maximum step over = DC
The NPA33-inch-2018's pdf file: View (PDF)
or Download (ZIP)