NPA 24/2021 INCH
The Expansion of the HELI3MILL 390 LINE with a New Serrated Cutting Edge Insert
An assembly instruction:
A new serrated cutting edge geometry for highly efficient rough milling.
ISCAR expands its advantageous HELI3MILL 390 LINE by introducing new inserts with serrated edges.
The new inserts, with a radii of .0315” and .1260” designated as HM390 TDCR 1505…FW-P, feature a super positive and sharp serrated cutting-edge geometry with polished rake surfaces which assure highly efficient milling for aluminum alloys and other non-ferrous materials. (ISO N grade of application)
The insert’s cutting-edge geometry splits the chips into small pieces and generates low cutting forces enabling increased feed rates for higher machining productivity.
- A sharp serrated cutting edge with a special chip former;
- significantly improves chip evacuation
- reduces cutting load and enables high table feed
- reduces vibration
- reduces heat generation
- Suitable for High Speed Machining (HSM)
- Intended for 90° milling cutters
- Peripherally ground insert
- Wide sharp-edged wiper for improved surface finish
- Both rake and relief surfaces are polished
- Rough to finish machining for ISO N materials
- Milling square shoulders, slots, inclined surfaces and cavities by ramp down including ramping by helical interpolation
- Milling with high tool overhang
- Productivity: Assures high metal removal rates
- Economical: 3 helical cutting edges
- Accuracy: milling 90º square shoulders
- High performance when milling at low unstable conditions
- Low power consumption allows applying the cutters on machine tools with limited power, small capacity machining centers and turn-milling machines
- The shredded chips help in a significant reduction of the common built-up phenomena, especially when machining aluminum alloys
- This single-sided triangular insert has three positive and serrated cutting edges intended for milling at .512” depth of cut
- Inserts with a large corner radius produce large chips. A shred feature was added to the .1260” radius.
- The inserts feature a wiper corner edge for high surface finish
- New and easy to assemble as shown in the video
- Light weight inserts for HSM where high metal removal rate (MRR) is required
Table - Averaged Cutting data for HM390 TDCR 1505...FW-P inserts
For machining in unstable conditions, the recommended cutting data should be reduced by 20-30%
ISCAR’s HELI3MILL MILLSHRED Line
Serrated Cutting Edge for High Productivity!
HM390 TDCR 1505
Triangular Inserts with 3 Helical Cutting Edges for 90° Shoulder Accuracy
Product operation guidelines
In order to provide overlapping and achieve optimal chip shredding, it is recommended to mount the HM390 TDCR 1505… FW-P insert in an alternating edge configuration on adjacent cutter flutes.
The NPA24-2021's inch pdf file: View (PDF) or Download (ZIP)