PARTING & GROOVING
Expanding the PENTACUT Line with New Inserts and Tools
Products and Features
ISCAR is expanding the PENTACUT Line by adding:
- PENTA 17 ... new SP (Super Positive) chipformer
- PENTA 17 JET CUT toolholders in shank sizes of 10-25 mm
- PENTA 17 JET CUT adapters
- PENTA 17R\L...6D/15D for Parting
- PENTA 27 new blanks with 10 and 15 mm widths for wide profiles
- PENTA 24 inserts with IC1010 grade 1.5\2.0\3.0 mm neutral version types
- PENTA 17 ... with the new SP chipformer is intended for
machining soft materials and stainless steel.
The 18° positive rake angle of the insert assures low cutting forces and provides easy chip breaking for low feed rates from 0.02-0.06 mm/rev.
The inserts are available in sizes 0.3\0.5\0.8\1.0 mm.
- JETCUT square shank toolholder for PENTA 17 inserts
are designed to provide high-pressure coolant of up to 340 Bar.
The tools have 3 coolant inlets that enable several connection options and two outlets to cool the insert from the top and bottom in the most efficient way.
The tools are available in 10-25 mm.
- New PCADRS/LS adapters for PENTA 17 inserts are designed to provide high-pressure coolant of up to 340 Bar. These adapters have 2 coolant outlets from the top and bottom of the tool pocket which enable efficient flow of the coolant.
The adapters fit standard MAHR/L and MAHPR/L tools.
- PENTA 17R\L...6D/15D lead angle cutting edge inserts were designed for Parting when minimum burr size is needed. Offered with 6° and 15° lead angles.
The inserts are available in sizes 1.0\1.5 and 2.0 mm.
- PENTA 27 new blanks with 10 and 15 mm widths were added to ISCAR’s wide PENTA 27-20FT blank (20 mm width). These new blanks can be ground to special wide profiles that assure an economical price per cutting edge based on the 5 cutting edge feature. These insert blanks are intended for shallow profiling and grooving depth for square type holders PCHR\L...-27-10\15\20.
- PENTA 24 popular size inserts in IC1010 grade.
Due to the positive sales growth of the TANG-GRIP and DO-GRIP inserts grade IC1010, this phenomenal grade has been added to the PENTA 24 line. Available in 1.5, 2.0, 3.0 mm widths.
- TiAlN coating overlays the sub-micron IC08 grade
- Recommended for general parting and grooving applications at medium to high cutting speeds
and low to medium feeds
- Toughness advantages compared to grades IC908 and IC808
- The cutting parameters are the same compared to grade IC808
Tools Carrying Inserts with 5 Cutting Edges for Shallow Profiling Next to High Shoulders
• Use right-hand inserts on right-hand tools and vice versa
Adapters with High-Pressure Coolant Holes for PENTACUT 17
• CDX and CUTDIA according to insert limitation
(1) Minimum cutting width
(2) Maximum cutting width
(3) Maximum overhang
Lead Angle Edge Pentagonal Inserts (5 edges) for Parting Miniature Parts
Pentagonal Inserts (5 edges) with a High Positive Rake for Parting Soft Materials
Tools Carrying Pentagonal Wide Inserts for Specially Tailored Profiles
PENTAS 27 blanks
Blank Insert with 5 Wide Cutting Edges for the Production of Special Profile Contours
The NPA08-2021's pdf file: View (PDF)
or Download (ZIP)