New MULTI-MASTER Fast Feed Milling Heads
ISCAR is expanding the EFF MULTI-MASTER Fast Feed milling heads by adding four, 6 flute short designed heads with central coolant holes.
The new MM EFF10, 12, 16 and 20 mm diameter solid carbide fast feed milling heads feature a shorter head length design (compared to the existing heads) which improves their durability and rigidity. They have 6 flutes and a central coolant hole, a combination that enables machining at much higher material removal rates and improves tool life duration.
The MM EFF milling heads utilize a large radius cutting edge configuration that allows for greatly increased feeds. The unique cutting edge geometry axially directs the resultant cutting forces towards the spindle. This results in high stability and enables machining at high feeds even with long overhang.
In addition, these new MM EFF milling heads feature an ultra-fine grain substrate and are protected by the advanced AL-TEC coating technology. The combination of these parameters offers outstanding wear resistance and toughness.
Due to the above, the solid FEEDMILL can operate at feeds of up to 0.5 mm/tooth and 0.3 to 0.7 mm depths of cut, providing a significant reduction in cycle time which increases productivity. The unique radius geometry of the solid FEEDMILL enables high productivity when milling slots, pockets, helical interpolation or contouring up to 3XD deep.
- 6 flutes and durable bottom radius geometry
- Short design for high rigidity
- An optimal solution for roughing operations; highly useful in the die & mold industry
- Covers a wide range of applications including slotting, pocketing, helical interpolationand 3XD contouring
- Useful for machining materials such as hardened steel up to 65 HRc, P20 ,H13, cast iron, stainless steel, titanium and high temperature alloys
- 5 to 10 times higher feeds, when compared to conventional ball nose endmills
- Reduces cycle time and increases productivity
4, 6 Flute Solid Carbide Heads for Milling at Very Fast Feeds and Small D.O.C.
• Do not apply lubricant to the threaded connection.
(1) With a central coolant hole
(2) Cannot be used for plunging application
(4) Radius for programming
(1) ISCAR material group in accordance with VDI 3323 standard
(2) 45-49 HRc
(3) 50-55 HRc ap - Depth of cut
(4) 56-63 HRc ae - Width of cut