An advantageous alternative to the conventional ISO
ISCAR doubles the cutting edges on positive rake inserts intended for general turning applications. This economical solution for 80 degree turning provides double-sided robust and positive 4 cutting-edged inserts that easily replace the positive 2 cutting edged inserts. Their dovetail shape fits into a unique pocket design, assuring better insert positioning and stability to guarantee longer insert tool life. The holders can be ordered with or without through-tool coolant channels.
- The new double-sided CXMG inserts operate similarly to CCMT positive inserts and can therefore replace standard CCMT inserts. In some applications, they can also replace standard negative CNMG inserts.
- Double-sided with a positive flank
- Low cutting forces
- Designed with a chipformer for general turning applications
- Lever lock insert clamping system
- Very effective JHP (Jet High Pressure) coolant nozzles directed to the cutting edge for increased tool life, improved chip control and high productivity
- The positive insert flank enables a dove-tailed pocket design for very firm insert clamping