The HELITANG T490 line of milling cutters with tangentially clamped indexable inserts is designed for roughing and finishing operations mostly in the automotive, aerospace, die and mold industries, and for general engineering.
The cutters are intended mainly for 90° shoulder and face milling and with certain inserts can provide an effective solution for pocket milling, cutting by helical interpolation and even high feed machining. They are suitable for machining different types of steel, stainless steel, cast iron, aluminum and high temperature alloys.
- Double-sided tangentially clamped inserts with 4 cutting edges
- Advanced rake face cutting geometry resulting in positive rake angles when inserts are mounted in a cutter
- A wide range of insert geometries and corner radii
- Utility and precision insert types
- 90° cutting edge angle
- A large range of tool diameters
- Various design configurations: shell mills, endmills with different type of shanks (cylindrical, tapered, HSK), exchangeable heads
- Coolant channels directed to each cutting edge
- Dovetail profile for insert pocket to ensure rigid and reliable insert clamping
| ||Metric (mm) ||Imperial (inch)
08, 11, 13, 16 mm
The majority of the inserts are made from ISCAR’s latest SUMOTEC carbide grades to ensure high productivity.
For more information about the HELITANG line, click here.