BLP – A New Family of Indexable CenterCutting 240º Ball Nose Milling Cutters with Three Effective Flutes
The lollipop-shaped ball nose cutters feature 240° spherical cutting edges and are available in the following tool configurations:
- BLP Endmills – Endmills in the diameter range of 16 to 50 mm
- BLP-M - Milling heads in the diameter range of 16 to 40 mm with FLEXFIT adaptation
- BLP-Shell Mills - Arbor-type cutter in 50 mm diameter
The BLP- shell mill was designed to be mounted on face mill adapters with a 22 mm adaptation. A special screw, SR M10X20-10600, is supplied with the cutter.
This screw was designed to be used instead of the standard cutter’s frontal clamping screw. It serves as a retaining knob which pushes the cutter onto the adapter face by means of a screw situated on the cutter’s upper periphery.
- All three cutter teeth are fully effective
- 240° spherical cutting edge with chip-splitting action
- Center cutting
- Internal coolant holes directed to each cutting edge
- High feed provides very high productivity
- Reduced cutting forces lead to better stability and lower power consumption
- Wide application range of profile milling operations on various materials
- Like most of ISCAR’s new tools, the BLP cutters are HARD TOUCH coated for improved durability and wear resistance