Popular DR Indexable Drills Handle Larger Diameters
ISCAR has expanded its line of popular, feature-rich DR indexable twist drills to cover the 61 to 80 mm diameter range. Now the entire family covers diameters from 14 to 80 mm. Key applications include automotive and aerospace manufacturing and die & moldmaking.
All DR drills offer these key features for versatility, fast penetration, process security and long life:
• Adjustable drill shanks are able to produce several diameters with a single shank, reducing tool inventories. In the new large-diameter offering, just four shanks cover the 61 to 80 mm range.
• Ability to double as boring tools and handle aspect ratios (depth to diameter) up to 2.5. On lathes, DR drills can produce intermediate diameters by offsetting the X-axis.
• Insert selections optimized for all steels, alloys and cast iron.
• Weldon drill bodies with high flute angles and wide gullets in the shank area for easy chip evacuation.
• Square inserts offering four edges each.
• Hardened drill cartridges to resist chip erosion.
• ISCAR’s wear-resistant HARD TOUCH coating on the inner drill flutes, to reduce friction, optimize chip evacuation and ultimately improve surface finish.
• Extra-hardened chip deflector surfaces, next to the cartridge where wear forces are the most severe, thereby improving shank life.
• Extra-durable square PVD IC808 and CVD IC8080 carbide grades for better surface quality and prolonged edge life in the peripheral inserts, which see the toughest conditions.
Available in whole metric sizes, the new drills come with interchangeable shims to change hole diameters. The shims fit under the insert cartridge and can be changed in minutes.
The new large DR drills accommodate 10, 11 and 12 mm square inserts. The inserts, available with two chipformer types, are available in three grades: IC 808 and 908 for low alloy steel, stainless steel and high temperature alloys; and IC 8080 for cast iron and steel.
Main Photography - Warhaftig Venezian. Additional Photography - ISCAR Ltd.